Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Simon Guichard <si...@mines-paristech.fr> on 2012/03/22 11:24:32 UTC

Help on PrintTextLocations example

Hello,

I am a French student and R&D intern in an internet start-up and I had to
use the PDFBox version 1.6.0 PrintTextLocations function to get xy
coordinates of an element of text in a PDF document. I read through the
class but unfortunately I couldn't understand how to run this class. For
instance I want to find the coordinates of the text element "X002" in my pdf
document named doc1.pdf. Which arguments should I put to use the class as
defined ?

I tried to load the document directly inside the PDFBox class
PrintTextlocations but I only got the error Usage: java
org.apache.pdfbox.examples.pdmodel.PrintTextLocations <input-pdf> and I
could not find the right place to indicate which String of text I look for.

Thank you in advance, any help would be much appreciated,

Best Regards,

Simon Guichard

Mines ParisTech student

simon.guichard@mines-paristech.fr