Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Francisco Passos <fr...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/11 18:53:27 UTC

Skinning tr:inputText

Hello there!

I'd like most of my inputTexts to be rendered as they are by default.

However, I'd like a few of them to have a bold label.

I tried this:

af|inputText::label {
    font-weight : bold;
}

But as you know this leads every inputText to have their labels in bold.

Is there any way to reference ::label from within the inlineStyle property
and define this property on the spot?

Re: Skinning tr:inputText

Posted by Francisco Passos <fr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the cool tip!

I'm going to try it tomorrow to see how it goes... right now I feel I'm
using too many inlineStyle properties precisely because of situations like
this.

If you decide to post skinning tips, be sure to tell us where :)

--Francisco

Re: Skinning tr:inputText

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
> I can post blogs for skinning with tips like this. Where should I put these?

wiki ?
or create your own blog ;) ?

I moved mine from JRoller to wordpress:

http://matthiaswessendorf.wordpress.com/

A cool tool.

-M

--
Matthias Wessendorf

further stuff:
mail: matzew-at-apache-dot-org

Re: Skinning tr:inputText

Posted by Jeanne Waldman <je...@oracle.com>.

Re: Skinning tr:inputText

Posted by Petr Kotek <ko...@crcdata.cz>.
I think, that You want only label of inputText be bold, not inputted
text.  I think this is not possible by inline style.
Use <tr:inputText styleClass="myStyleClass"/> only on inputText
components which to have bold label.
Advantage using styleClass - any style changing later are simple and on
one place.

Peter

Re: Skinning tr:inputText

Posted by Francisco Passos <fr...@gmail.com>.