Posted to dev@manifoldcf.apache.org by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/29 10:45:04 UTC

CONNECTORS-474 Documentum, FileNet, and LiveLink stubs

Hi all,

The CONNECTORS-474 branch now includes stubs needed for building the
Documentum, FileNet, and LiveLink connectors.  The build is modified
to compile against the stubs ONLY, even when the proprietary libraries
are available, which means that the stubs have to be correct in
critical details in order for the connector code to work correctly in
production.  I've taken great care that we should see no link errors
when the proprietary libraries are supplied, but this is something
that should be verified rather than assumed.

For those people following either of these connectors, now would be
the time to volunteer to try out the following steps:

(1) Check out https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/lcf/branches/CONNECTORS-474.
(2) Set up the core dependencies via "ant make-core-deps".
(3) Build, using "ant build".
(4) Provide appropriate proprietary libraries in the usual places in
the "dist" folder.
(5) Verify that everything works - and if it doesn't, please let me
know what happens for you.

Thanks in advance for your time and effort!
Karl