Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Leif Nilsson TACMa <le...@tac.se> on 2002/06/26 16:40:08 UTC

Memory leaks - COMProvider ?

Hi,

I use Java 1.4.0,  Tomcat 3.3 and SOAP 2.2 to expose webservices to an
existing COM-server.
My java client also use SOAP 2.2.

It seems that the tomcat process is "leaking" ...
  (Transferring 800 KB in 20 KB chunks means leaking 1-2 MB)

None of the other processes involved leaks...

Has anyone the same experiance.
I have replaced the COMProvider-dll shipped with 2.2 with the one shipped
with 2.3. No change.

(The reason for chunking the data is the poor XML-parser performance.
 I can only hope that the SAXParser instead of DOMParser issue can solve
this.)

Leif Nilsson
Software Engineer

TAC AB
Jägershillgatan 18
SE-213 75 Malmö, Sweden
Direct	+46 40 38 69 56
Fax	+46 40 21 82 87
Mobile	+46 xx xxx xx xx
www.tac-global.com

Re: Memory leaks - COMProvider ?

Posted by Michael Jennings <mi...@southgatesoftware.com>.
Hi,

Do you have access to NuMega BoundsChecker? It's great for finding memory
leaks.
If you compile the ComProvider.dll with full debug options on, you should
be able to locate the leak.
That being said, I don't know anything about the ComProvider.dll file

-Mike