Posted to user@sqoop.apache.org by "Connell, Chuck" <Ch...@nuance.com> on 2012/07/26 15:46:20 UTC

Possible bug (export) --direct and --input-fields-terminated-by '\t' not working correctly?

I have a Hive table that has tab-separated fields. I am exporting it to MySQL. The export works fine (using --input-fields-terminated-by '\t') and I get correct results in MySQL.

BUT, when I add the --direct option, the export fails. The source file (in Hive warehouse) is not parsed correctly and the tabs are ignored. The fields are not separated correctly when placed into MySQL.

Anyone else run into this?

Chuck Connell
Nuance R&D Data Team
Burlington, MA

Re: Possible bug (export) --direct and --input-fields-terminated-by '\t' not working correctly?

Posted by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi sir,
Would you mind sharing with us entire sqoop command that you've used for export job that worked?

Jarcec

Posted by wzc <wz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Connell, Chuck" <Ch...@nuance.com>.
Thanks Kathleen,