Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David kerber <dc...@verizon.net> on 2011/09/02 18:01:04 UTC

Changing bit-ness of JRE that TC uses

What would I need to do to change TC 7.0.20 from using a 64-bit JRE to a
32-bit one on a 64-bit windows 2008 machine?

I tried changing the JVM setting in tomcat7w, but the service wouldn't
start.  What else do I need to change?

Re: Changing bit-ness of JRE that TC uses

Posted by David kerber <dc...@verizon.net>.
On 9/2/2011 12:04 PM, Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 02/09/2011 17:01, David kerber wrote:
>> What would I need to do to change TC 7.0.20 from using a 64-bit JRE to a
>> 32-bit one on a 64-bit windows 2008 machine?
>>
>> I tried changing the JVM setting in tomcat7w, but the service wouldn't
>> start.  What else do I need to change?
>
> If you are running as a service you need to change tomcat7.exe.
>
> If you are using APR, you need to change tcnative-1.dll as well.

Thanks!

Re: Changing bit-ness of JRE that TC uses

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 02/09/2011 17:01, David kerber wrote:
> What would I need to do to change TC 7.0.20 from using a 64-bit JRE to a
> 32-bit one on a 64-bit windows 2008 machine?
>
> I tried changing the JVM setting in tomcat7w, but the service wouldn't
> start.  What else do I need to change?

If you are running as a service you need to change tomcat7.exe.

If you are using APR, you need to change tcnative-1.dll as well.

Mark