Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by shakeydeal <wg...@shaw.ca> on 2007/05/04 04:06:43 UTC

opentravel

It would seem to me that despite the inclusion of opentravelsystems in the
ofbiz application. Support for it may be sparse. Is this indeed the case?
I've managed to invest a fair amount of time only to run into issues and
roadblocks that puzzle me as to why they don't work.
Hoping someone can enlighten me as to the status of this project.

Thanks in advance

Re: opentravel

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.
Currently the opentravelsystem as such is not part of OFBiz. When OFBiz got
accepted by the Apache foundation the opentravelsystem was left to be
included at a later date. The rental facilities however still part of the
ofbiz system and will be supported the same as the rest of the OFBiz system.
It would be nice if we could include the system again as a special purpose
application later.

However we are still further developing the opentravelsystem. Its major
advantage over the OFBiz system is that it is multi company for a limited
amount of functionality however including products, order, CRM, accounting
without ledger, a small website content management system and it can read and
write email.

We plan to release a new version in the next few months.....when the
opentravelsystem will be part of a broader system called 'sharedOfbiz'

If you have more specific questions, let me know....

Regards,
Hans Bakker (Antwebsystems)

P.S. Talking about support, please see our website at AntWebsystems.com, we
are looking for partners like yourself.