Posted to bcel-dev@jakarta.apache.org by David Dixon-Peugh <di...@yahoo.com> on 2002/04/16 16:49:37 UTC

Dealing with Repository class.

I was playing around with my patch, and turns
out it doesn't quite fix it the way I would like
it.  I'd like to run the latest adjustment past
you all for your comments.

First, the problem I ran into.  There are several
instances in the BCEL code (and in the Quilt code)
which refers to static methods on the Repository
for finding information about a class:
   getSuperClasses
   getInterfaces
   instanceOf
   implementationOf

These methods all use the system classpath.  (Whereas
the ClassLoader I was developing used the
AntClassLoader.)

What I would like to do, is two fold:
  Part 1 - Move those four methods onto the JavaClass
  object.  In most circumstances, at least one
  JavaClass is available, and can be used for the
  query.

  Part 2 - Remove the staticness of the Repository
  class, such that more than one Repository can exist.
  This will enable two BCEL programs to operate in
  the same JVM, which could be helpful as BCEL tasks
  end up in Ant scripts.

I'll try to fix the code locally, but I would like
input before I commit these changes.  (It could touch
a lot of code. . .)

DDP