Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Kevin Castellow <bi...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/06 19:21:43 UTC

[users@httpd] APR-util 1.3.4 Does not create correct connection string for Mod_dbd on Solaris & Oracle Instant Client

I am using apache 2.2.11 on Solaris10 with apr-1.3.3 and apr-util 1.3.4.
The Oracle Instant Client 11_1 is installed and verified to be working with
the Instant Client Sql Plus client.

I am trying to use the dbd module to authenticate to Oracle.

I set the configuration up in this order:
DBDriver oracle
DBDParams "server=ndev user=DCBDEV2 pass=DCBDEV2"
DBDMin 1
DBDKeep 2
DBDMax 10
DBDExptime 60

I found a previous note using Oracle that the parameters did not match the
documentation for Oracle.  Using the server value first is the only way to
get the Service Name correct.  I have not been able to successfully pass the
userid and password in any combination that I have tried.

Originally I tried the documented list
 Oracle user, pass, dbname, server  <--This was not successful for any
values.   The error log list this error: [Thu Feb 05 15:59:00 2009] [error]
(20014)Internal error: DBD: failed to initialise   [Thu Feb 05 15:59:00
2009] [error] (20014)Internal error: DBD: Can't connect to
oracle

Apache is sending this as the connect string to the database:
 This is a packet sent to the database.  The user="Apache"  is the owner of
the process and not the name being passed in the parameters.
tns.connect_data ==
"(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=asgldsora01-vip)(PORT=1521))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVER=DEDICATED)(SERVICE_NAME=ndev)(CID=(PROGRAM=httpd)(HOST=asgldsdev02b)(USER=apache))))"

Thanks for any suggestions or comments on getting this to work.
Kevin