Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/21 13:47:35 UTC

WebClientProperties.getTimeZone()

I made some patches to the current browserinfo page to get the right
timezone..
This is still not completely right because we just guess the timezone on the
2 properties we get from the browser:
The offset that the browser reports for 1 jan and the offset it reports for
the 1 of jul.

What the browser should return is the TimeZone ID instead of an offset. The
offset is pretty much useless. :(

if anybody has a better idea to get the real timezone from a browser that we
can use on the serverside let me know
I can think of a few options: 1> a java applet 2> flash? 3> ask the
user.....

johan