Posted to users@deltaspike.apache.org by Markus Lachat <ma...@gmx.de> on 2015/11/17 17:26:57 UTC

2 issues with CIENTWINDOW mode

Hi,

The first issue is about the flickering of the screen:
I am wondering if I configured anything wrong. I implemented the specialized
ClientWindowConfig and override these 4 methods and each returns true

isClientWindowStoreWindowTreeEnabledOnLinkClick
isClientWindowStoreWindowTreeEnabledOnAjaxRequest
isClientWindowStoreWindowTreeEnabledOnButtonClick
isClientWindowTokenizedRedirectEnabled

All working, no destroyed viewAccessScope and so on, however I still see a
lot of flickering when navigating over a primefaces menu backed by a
navigation bean (responsible for the typesafe outcome). These are mainly
links that cause a POST with an outcome or just simple GET links. I could
provide a demo for this issue.

The second issue is a nice to have for better user experience:
It works for buttons (thank you Thomas for fixing this
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DELTASPIKE-968)
But when the user scrolled down, somewhere at the bottom of a long page to
click the buttons the page seems to scroll up again, because it shows the
state of the html when the page was initially loaded.

Can you somehow improve that behavior to show the state of the browser just
the moment before a link or button is clicked?

Best regards,
Markus

AW: 2 issues with CIENTWINDOW mode

Posted by Markus Lachat <ma...@gmx.de>.
Hi Thomas,

I assume you ask for opinions from other users on this mailing list, because I personally can't really help you with these questions.

I can offer to run tests on any provided snapshot build or even build it myself from a feature branch. Just in case you need feedback how your prospective solutions works out on our real world application before releasing it to the wild.

Posted by Thomas Andraschko <an...@gmail.com>.
Ok, small addition:

Posted by Thomas Andraschko <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Thomas Andraschko <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Thomas Andraschko <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Markus,

Posted by Thomas Andraschko <an...@gmail.com>.
Just run the playground via any run-* profile and open:
http://localhost:8080/ds/views/windowhandling/clientwindow/test.xhtml
+ click on the GET link.

The html tree is stored and restored correctly, not sure why firefox
flickers and other browsers not.

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
Do you have a sample for me?

Posted by Thomas Andraschko <an...@gmail.com>.