Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mario Bittermann <ma...@gmx.at> on 2006/08/21 18:01:45 UTC

Problem with Emailappender of Log4j

Hi,

we have a problem with our emailappender of Log4j.
We are using Log4js emailappender to be informed when an unhandled exception is thrown in an application.
If an exception is thrown we get an email with a exceptionstacktrace as mailbody. This works fine with Tomcat 4.

Since we are using Tomcat 5.5.12 with Sun jdk 1.5_07 no stacktrace is sent! We get a mail with empty body.
I did some test with jdk 1.5 and Log4j and emailnotification works fine. But on Tomcat 5.5 we get empty email.

Who can help? Any ideas?

Thanks
Mario

Re: Solved Problem with Emailappender of Log4j

Posted by Mario Bittermann <ma...@gmx.at>.
Problem is solved. We used wrong Mail API. With 1.4 everything works fine.

Mario
-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 09:27:22 +0200
Von: "Mario Bittermann" <ma...@gmx.at>
An: "Tomcat Users List" <us...@tomcat.apache.org>
Betreff: Re: Problem with Emailappender of Log4j

Posted by Mario Bittermann <ma...@gmx.at>.
Here are the codes:

[...]

	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Mario
-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 12:40:12 -0400
Von: "Martin Gainty" <mg...@hotmail.com>