Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Villemos, Gert" <ge...@logica.com> on 2009/09/09 00:34:15 UTC

Dynamically building the value of a field upon indexing

I would like to build the value of a field based on the value of multiple other fields at submission time. I.e. I would like to submit a document such as;

<field name="field1">foo</field>
<field name="field2">baa</field>

And would like SOLR to store the document as

<field name="field1">foo</field>
<field name="field2">baa</field>
<field name="aggregated">foo:baa</field>

Just to complicate matters I would like the aggregated field to be the unique key.

Is this possible?

Thanks,
Gert.

Please help Logica to respect the environment by not printing this email  / Pour contribuer comme Logica au respect de l'environnement, merci de ne pas imprimer ce mail /  Bitte drucken Sie diese Nachricht nicht aus und helfen Sie so Logica dabei, die Umwelt zu schützen. /  Por favor ajude a Logica a respeitar o ambiente nao imprimindo este correio electronico.

Re: Dynamically building the value of a field upon indexing

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: This has to be done by an UpdateRequestProcessor

I think the SignatureUpdateProcessor does exactly what you want ... you
just need a Signature implementation that does a simple concat (instead of
an MD5)

so we have a simple identity signature? .. it seems like it would be
trivial.

-Hoss

Re: Dynamically building the value of a field upon indexing

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.
This has to be done by an UpdateRequestProcessor

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/UpdateRequestProcessor

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 3:34 PM, Villemos, Gert <ge...@logica.com>wrote:

> I would like to build the value of a field based on the value of multiple
> other fields at submission time. I.e. I would like to submit a document such
> as;
>
> <field name="field1">foo</field>
> <field name="field2">baa</field>
>
> And would like SOLR to store the document as
>
> <field name="field1">foo</field>
> <field name="field2">baa</field>
> <field name="aggregated">foo:baa</field>
>
> Just to complicate matters I would like the aggregated field to be the
> unique key.
>
> Is this possible?
>
> Thanks,
> Gert.
>

> Please help Logica to respect the environment by not printing this email  /
> Pour contribuer comme Logica au respect de l'environnement, merci de ne pas
> imprimer ce mail /  Bitte drucken Sie diese Nachricht nicht aus und helfen
> Sie so Logica dabei, die Umwelt zu schützen. /  Por favor ajude a Logica a
> respeitar o ambiente nao imprimindo este correio electronico.

Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com

Re: Dynamically building the value of a field upon indexing

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Subject: Dynamically building the value of a field upon indexing

http://people.apache.org/~hossman/#threadhijack
Thread Hijacking on Mailing Lists

When starting a new discussion on a mailing list, please do not reply to
an existing message, instead start a fresh email.  Even if you change the
subject line of your email, other mail headers still track which thread
you replied to and your question is "hidden" in that thread and gets less
attention.   It makes following discussions in the mailing list archives
particularly difficult.
See Also:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thread_hijacking

-Hoss