Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Puneet Lakhina <pu...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/16 15:39:48 UTC

[OT]Scriptlets

I recently joined a software services comapny and as a part of my job i was
required to develop intranet websites using struts. Now the attitude in the
organisation is a strict no to scriptlets unless u have no other go. I dont
have singnificant experience in JSP so i dont know, but for all you
experinced JSP programmers, is no scriptlets the way forward??

Thanks for your responses.

--
Puneet

Re: [OT]Scriptlets

Posted by Scott Van Wart <sc...@indosoft.com>.
Rahul Akolkar wrote:
> Yes, for reasons such as avoiding a heterogeneous programming model,
> improving readability etc.

It also lets you trick your web design team into doing some coding
through tag libraries without actually forcing them to write classic
code :). j/k

Re: [OT]Scriptlets

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 8/16/06, Puneet Lakhina <pu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I recently joined a software services comapny and as a part of my job i was
> required to develop intranet websites using struts. Now the attitude in the
> organisation is a strict no to scriptlets unless u have no other go.
<snip/>

Theres always another go ;-)

> I dont
> have singnificant experience in JSP so i dont know, but for all you
> experinced JSP programmers, is no scriptlets the way forward??

<snap/>

Yes, for reasons such as avoiding a heterogeneous programming model,
improving readability etc.

-Rahul