Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro> on 2013/08/10 01:41:00 UTC

Why can't I choose a different network offering?

Hello,

Been playing with cloudstack for a while but the network still eludes
me.
When I create a "guest network" I'm only able to use
"DefaultIsolatedNetworkOfferingWithSourceNatService" network offerings
despite the fact that there are several other ones enabled, 7 in total,
the defaults.
If I create a new network offering I also do not see it when I create a
new guest network.
What am I missing?

Regards,
Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro

RE: Why can't I choose a different network offering?

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
On 14.08.2013 13:28, Sanjeev Neelarapu wrote:
> It also depends in UI from where we are creating guest network. If
> you are trying to create guest network from Networks tab, you will
> only see Network offerings which has SourceNat true.
> Whereas creating network from
> Infrastructure->Zone->PhysicalNetwork->guest shows shared network
> offerings.
>
> -Sanjeev

Thanks Sanjeev!
</facepalm>

Posted by Sanjeev Neelarapu <sa...@citrix.com>.
It also depends in UI from where we are creating guest network. If you are trying to create guest network from Networks tab, you will only see Network offerings which has SourceNat true.
Whereas creating network from Infrastructure->Zone->PhysicalNetwork->guest shows shared network offerings.

-Sanjeev

It sounds like there is an option missing from your offerings or from your network layout. Did you setup advanced networking or basic?

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
H Lucian,