Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by biletnikov <bi...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/29 20:55:04 UTC

Many suppliers for product, the customer selects the necessary supplier

In our case, we sell products which are provided by different suppliers and
the customer has ability to select the most preferable supplier.

We see, that OFBiz data model allows to specify the suppliers for each
product (SupplierProduct), so a product can have many suppliers ( for
example, 3 SupplierProduct).

But, how to specify the product and the supplier that customer needs for the
order? A customer wants to see the supplier in the order.

The Order entity has OrderItem entities, which relate to Product (via
productId) and nothing for the supplier.

The solution which we see, is to duplicate Product for each supplier and
have   one - to - one relation  between Product and SupplierProduct, in this
case we are able to determine the supplier by productId.

Is it the best solution?

Thank you.

Re: Many suppliers for product, the customer selects the necessary supplier

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
On 1/10/2010, at 8:51 AM, BJ Freeman wrote:

> I agree with this.
> However the response that I responded to was they were not using the ofbiz as their ecommerce, but as ERP, which negated both our suggestions, IMHO.

I'm glad your opinion was humble, because it was wrong.

> so I suggested they contact someone on the provider list, which I have seen others suggest as well.

There is no issue with suggesting that ofbiz services providers could help (they undoubtedly could), the only issue is with you saying that "anything beyond Out Of The Box is beyond this mailing list" which is completely untrue.
I don't really want to keep discussing this but you keep replying with things that make me think you don't understand what I'm saying.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
I agree with this.

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
On 1/10/2010, at 8:20 AM, BJ Freeman wrote:

> not sure you read his responses.

I did.

> I can see your point and will try to work what he requirement are beyond the scope of this  mailing list.

From the mailing list page in confluence: "The user list is intended for installation, deployment, custom development and usage related topics."

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
So there you go, to create a purchase order the system needs a CarrierShipmentMethod record that looks like this one:
https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/webtools/control/ViewGeneric?entityName=CarrierShipmentMethod&shipmentMethodTypeId=NO_SHIPPING&partyId=_NA_&roleTypeId=CARRIER

Regards
Scott

HotWax Media
http://www.hotwaxmedia.com

Posted by biletnikov <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
I am aware how the cart is used since it was a set method, it is pretty
clear that it was not referencing a cart from ecommerce.
However that was not  what I was talking about.
so I will  bow out and let you take this.

Scott Gray sent the following on 9/30/2010 6:38 PM:

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
StoreOrder triggers a bunch of ECA that you can find in the
application/order/servicedef folder.
one of those is checkCreateDropShipPurchaseOrders
which is in the orderservices.java.
not having the exact error msg I can't help you much further.

biletnikov sent the following on 9/30/2010 12:36 PM:

Posted by biletnikov <bi...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for you response.

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
By all means Scott

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by biletnikov <bi...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for your response.

> [...]

> > In our case, we sell products which are provided by different suppliers
> and
> > the customer has ability to select the most preferable supplier.
> >
> > We see, that OFBiz data model allows to specify the suppliers for each
> > product (SupplierProduct), so a product can have many suppliers ( for
> > example, 3 SupplierProduct).
> >
> > But, how to specify the product and the supplier that customer needs for
> the
> > order? A customer wants to see the supplier in the order.
> >
> > The Order entity has OrderItem entities, which relate to Product (via
> > productId) and nothing for the supplier.
> >
> > The solution which we see, is to duplicate Product for each supplier and
> > have   one - to - one relation  between Product and SupplierProduct, in
> this
> > case we are able to determine the supplier by productId.

Best regards,
Sergei Biletnikov

Re: Many suppliers for product, the customer selects the necessary supplier

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.