Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Andreas Bulling <sp...@phoenix.hadiko.de> on 2006/05/01 20:19:52 UTC

Localized messages in service

Hi folks,

probably it's a not very difficult question concerning localized
messages in a service but as I have absolutely no idea what I could
have done wrong here I am ;)

That's the way I defined my service in hivemodule.xml:

<service-point id="StatisticService" interface="de.plattform.services.StatisticService">
	<invoke-factory model="threaded">
		<construct class="de.plattform.services.StatisticServiceImpl"/>
	</invoke-factory>
</service-point>

That's my service's constructor:

public StatisticServiceImpl(Operations operations, Messages messages)
{
	this._operations = operations;
	this._messages = messages;
}

When debugging I can see that _messages isn't null but I'm not
able to get localized messages with for example

String xAxisLabel = _messages.getMessage("month");

What's wrong here?

Thanks in advance!
  Andreas

Re: Localized messages in service

Posted by Andreas Bulling <sp...@phoenix.hadiko.de>.
On 01. Mai 2006 - 14:35:21, James Carman wrote:
| There is another option.  Since there is a service point implementing
| IRequestCycle, you can inject that instead and do:
|
| requestCycle.getPage().getMessages().getMessage( "message_key" )
|
| That way, you could also override the message for individual pages if you
| wanted.

Thanks a lot - works like a charme ;-)

RE: Localized messages in service

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Well, inside the HiveMind registry, HiveMind is injecting your module's
Messages object into your service implementation.  So, if you have a
hivemodule.properties file next to your hivemodule.xml file, it will get the
messages from there.

Posted by Andreas Bulling <sp...@phoenix.hadiko.de>.