Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com> on 2014/02/10 18:23:08 UTC

Shepherding February 2014

Both reporting and shepherding had weak participation this month.

Four podlings did not report.

    BatchEE
    DeviceMap
    NPanday
    Sirona

DeviceMap's potential report lingers on their dev list awaiting approval and
posting, but it's now too late to participate in review.

Only two projects received shepherd reviews this month.

Marvin Humphrey

--------------------
Droids

  John Ament (johndament):

    Droids is a long standing podling, with a robust code base but without
    much need for frequent releases.  I think graduating into an existing
    TLP (not their own TLP) would be a good resolution, it helps avoid some
    of the over head of many binding votes to carry on while still
    maintaining an area to work in.  The people working on droids were fast
    to respond and give feedback on what's happening, but like is mentioned
    the list is not very active (in the past 6 months, the main
    conversations going on were around status of the project).

Re: Shepherding February 2014

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.
Apologies: for some reason I never clicked on the save on the wiki yesterday.

It is done now. The only commend I had was on HDT -- I wanted to reply
to Dave Fisher's concerns -- but I'll wait for the summary to appear to
chime in.

Thanks,
Roman.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 12:50 PM, Marvin Humphrey
<ma...@rectangular.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 11:50 AM, Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net> wrote:
>> Sorry my limited Apache time was taken yesterday by catching up "cadence"
>> issues.
>
> Yes, I know what you mean. ;)
>
>> I checked DataFu and it is getting started in fine shape. The mentors are
>> doing a fine job.
>>
>> I checked Hadoop Development Tools and there is some concern. Development is
>> either stalled since November when dependency issues were uncovered and/or
>> it is being discussed off of the dev mailing list.
>
> Thanks for coming through for these two podlings!

As a mentor, I actually share Dave's concerns. Not sure what to do about it
but it feels like the velocity of the project slowed down quite a bit.
I was meaning
to start a thread about that.

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: Shepherding February 2014

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.
On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 11:50 AM, Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Sorry my limited Apache time was taken yesterday by catching up "cadence"
> issues.

Yes, I know what you mean. ;)

> I checked DataFu and it is getting started in fine shape. The mentors are
> doing a fine job.
>
> I checked Hadoop Development Tools and there is some concern. Development is
> either stalled since November when dependency issues were uncovered and/or
> it is being discussed off of the dev mailing list.

Thanks for coming through for these two podlings!

> Would you please move me to a single podling in future months.

Done.

Marvin Humphrey

Re: Shepherding February 2014

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Sorry my limited Apache time was taken yesterday by catching up "cadence" issues.

I checked DataFu and it is getting started in fine shape. The mentors are doing a fine job.

I checked Hadoop Development Tools and there is some concern. Development is either stalled since November when dependency issues were uncovered and/or it is being discussed off of the dev mailing list.

Would you please move me to a single podling in future months.

Regards,
Dave