Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mahmoud Badreddine <ba...@yahoo.com> on 2005/10/08 01:54:37 UTC

[users@httpd] how can I work offline with Apache

Hi
I have a running web/database server which was running fine at my workplace. We recently upgragded the station and I decided to bring the old one home where I am unable to connect to the Lan at work.

I changed the followig in the httpd.conf
listen 127.0.0.1:80

and I changed my /etc/hosts file where I now have the following
127.0.0.1   localhost localhost.localdomain

I ran apachectl start
and I had no problems, but I still can't launch my website. Is there a way to get around that. That is to not have a network connection but still test your website.
Thank you.

---------------------------------
Yahoo! for Good

Re: [users@httpd] how can I work offline with Apache

Posted by Davide Bianchi <da...@onlyforfun.net>.
Mahmoud Badreddine wrote:
> I ran apachectl start
> and I had no problems, but I still can't launch my website. Is there a

The sentence doesn't make much sense. I suspect that your problem is
that your system doesn't have any networking support at all, so you
should fix that. Anyway, there is nothing in Apache itself that could
prevent it to work. I think you're writing on the wrong list.

Davide

--
Oh My God! They Killed init! You Bastards!
   -- From a Slashdot.org post