Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> on 2022/08/20 10:48:16 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Jena 4.6.0 RC1

Hi,

Here is a vote on the release of Apache Jena 4.6.0.
This is the first release candidate.

The deadline is

     Wednesday, 24th August 2022 at 12:00 UTC

Please vote to approve this release:

         [ ] +1 Approve the release
         [ ]  0 Don't care
         [ ] -1 Don't release, because ...

==== Items in this release

-- Bulk retrieval and caching with SERVICE clauses

There is a new module "jena-serviceenhancer", a contribution from Claus
Stadler, for federated query, including caching remote data and
controlling execution order for SERVICE.

   https://github.com/apache/jena/issues/1314
Documentation for website:
   https://github.com/apache/jena-site/pull/113/files

-- GeoSPARQL: GML handling.

GH-1299 - The GeoSPARQL has acknowledged a mistake in their
documentation whereby the wrong namespace was being used for "gml:".
https://github.com/opengeospatial/ogc-geosparql/pull/334
This also leads to problems with interoperation with GML data sources.

Unfortunately the change impacts impacts existing data and any spatial
indexes would will need to be deleted and rebuilt.

-- Helper for authentication with a bearer token.

GH-1292: https://github.com/apache/jena/issues/1292
Add support for authentication with a bearer token

==== Release Vote

Everyone, not just committers, is invited to test and vote.
Please download and test the proposed release.

Staging repository:
   https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachejena-1053

Proposed dist/ area:
   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/jena/

Keys:
   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jena/dist/KEYS

Git commit (browser URL):10fd9c4a36
   https://github.com/apache/jena/commit/10fd9c4a36

Git Commit Hash:
   10fd9c4a36dec64cde8e2c337c0e3c1887ce079e

Git Commit Tag:
   jena-4.6.0

This vote will be open until at least

     Wednesday, 24th August 2022 at 12:00 UTC

If you expect to check the release but the time limit does not work
for you, please email within the schedule above.

     Thanks,

      Andy

Checking:

+ are the GPG signatures fine?
+ are the checksums correct?
+ is there a source archive?
+ can the source archive be built?
           (NB This requires a "mvn install" first time)
+ is there a correct LICENSE and NOTICE file in each artifact
           (both source and binary artifacts)?
+ does the NOTICE file contain all necessary attributions?
+ have any licenses of dependencies changed due to upgrades?
            if so have LICENSE and NOTICE been upgraded appropriately?
+ does the tag/commit in the SCM contain reproducible sources?

Re: [VOTE] Apache Jena 4.6.0 RC1

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
[x] +1 Approve the release (binding)

     Andy

Re: [VOTE] Apache Jena 4.6.0 RC1

Posted by Bruno Kinoshita <ki...@apache.org>.
          [x] +1 Approve the release

Tested building from tag, and then running the FusekiCmd from Eclipse, and
Jena Fuseki UI from the command line.

Added a dataset, uploaded data, queried it, and finally deleted the dataset.

No issues found.

Thanks!
Bruno

[RESULT] [VOTE] Apache Jena 4.6.0 RC1

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
The vote passes with 3 +1 votes from Bruno, Aaron and Andy.

I'll start the next steps, and announce tomorrow.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Jena 4.6.0 RC1

Posted by Aaron Coburn <ac...@apache.org>.
[x] +1 Approve the release (binding)

Built from source distribution and from git tag
Signatures are all good
Checksums are all good
LICENSE files are present and look good
NOTICE files are present and look good

Thank you, Andy, once again for all that you're doing.

-Aaron

Re: [VOTE] Apache Jena 4.6.0 RC1

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.