Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Miguel Montes <mi...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/23 02:43:20 UTC

[classlib][html] Differences with RI

Hi:
We have found several differences between Harmony's implementation of
j.s.t.h.parser and the RI. I'm not sure if these should be reported
individually as JIRA issues, or should be discussed here.

For instance, in j.s.t.h.p.Entity, the RI. encodes isParameter and isGeneral
in the type, which is a public field, while the current implementation in
Harmony uses two boolean fields. So, the value of a public field is
different in both implementations.

Another case:
ContentModel:

The method first() should return the element that must be the first element
to appear in a ContentModel. If it's not unique, the RI returns null. For
instance, for the following ContentModel:

TITLE & ISINDEX? & BASE?

Any of those elements could appear at the beggining of a valid matching
expression. So, the method first should return null, because there is not a
single element that could be considered as the unique one that can appear at
the head of a matching expression. Nevertheless, for this example (as for
some others), HARMONY-948 returned a value. For this example, a BASE value
was obtained.

There are several more. Should we post them as separate JIRA issues, o as
one big issue, with the suggeste patches?

--
Miguel Montes

Re: [classlib][html] Differences with RI

Posted by Miguel Montes <mi...@gmail.com>.
On 9/25/06, Paulex Yang <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Miguel Montes wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I fllled several JIRA issues more than three weeks ago, but they are
> > still
> > unassigned. (HARMONY-1272, 1349, 1350, 1395). We are working in the
> > parser,
> > and there are some issues that should be solved, such as the structure
> of
> > ContentModel.
> I'd like to look at patches for 1349 and 1350 today, but 1395 is a
> contribution, so probably it needs Geir to raise a voting on it. And
> anyone interests to provide a patch for 1272?

I can provide the patch for 1272, but I was looking for some discussion
about the issue. Changing the content model changes how the DTD is stored,
and affects, for instance the contribution in 1395.
I think our representation of a content model should be the same as the
representation used in the RI, but i would like to hear other opinions.
If there aren't objections to this, I can post the patch for 1272, as well
as the modifications to 1395. That would be the binary representations
(bdtds) of the HTML 3.2 and HTML 4.01 DTDs.

Posted by Paulex Yang <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Miguel Montes <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Alexey Petrenko <al...@gmail.com>.