Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by chetanchatwani <ch...@savvion.com> on 2007/06/05 09:33:37 UTC

SVN access issue

Hi,

My SVN repos has module called sbm , I am having 2 groups called sbm-dev and
sbm-qa. I want
to give access to this groups as follow sbm-dev can access entire sbm module
but sbm-qa can access only sbm/test module. For that contents of authz file
as follow :

[/]
@sbm-dev = rw

[groups]
sbm-dev=dev1,dev2
sbm-qa=qa1,qa2

[/sbm/test]
@sbm-qa = rw

But when qa1 user tries to acess the /sbm/test module I am getting following
error :
Error: PROPFIND request failed on '/swa/sbmrepos/trunk/sbm/test/bin'
Error: PROPFIND of '/swa/sbmrepos/trunk/sbm/test/bin': 403 Forbidden
(http://venus)

where /swa is name of the module defined in apache and rest is the path.
Any help to resolve the issue. sbm-dev group is able to access the module
without any error.

Regards,
Chetan

Re: SVN access issue

Posted by Patrick Rodacker <ma...@the-reflection.de>.
chetan wrote on 05.06.2007 13:05:
> but then one more question then do I need to have entry for tags and
> branches also ?
> as
> [/sbmrepos/tags/sbm/test]
> @sbm-qa = rw
> [/sbmrepos/branches/sbm/test]
> @sbm-qa = rw

yes you have to. As stated in the documentation [1] permissions are
inherited from parent to child directories. So unless you give the group
sbm-qa access to the whohle sbmrepos you have to define the access for
every directory.

Another approach could be to redefine your repository structure. If sbm
is module, why not have a trunk, branches, and tags branch in the module?

root
- sbmrepos
--dbm
---branches
---tags
---trunk
--othermodule
---branches
---tags
---trunk

Don't know if this applies to your setup, but this is a common way to
handle the structure.

Regs
Patrick

[1]
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.serverconfig.pathbasedauthz.html

Re: SVN access issue

Posted by chetan <ch...@savvion.com>.
Patrick Rodacker wrote:

>chetanchatwani wrote on 05.06.2007 11:33:
>

>>But when qa1 user tries to acess the /sbm/test module I am getting following
>>error :
>>Error: PROPFIND request failed on '/swa/sbmrepos/trunk/sbm/test/bin'
>>Error: PROPFIND of '/swa/sbmrepos/trunk/sbm/test/bin': 403 Forbidden
>>(http://venus)
>>
>>where /swa is name of the module defined in apache and rest is the path.
>>Any help to resolve the issue. sbm-dev group is able to access the module
>>without any error.
>>

>try define the full path within the repository. If you have the structure:
>
>root of repository
>-trunk
>--sbm
>---test
>
>you have to specify the path in the autz file as
>
>[/trunk/sbm/test]
>
>Regs
>Patrick

Thanks Patrick,  it worked I had to give the path as

[/sbmrepos/trunk/sbm/test]
@sbm-qa = rw

instead of

[/sbm/test]
@sbm-qa = rw

Re: SVN access issue

Posted by Patrick Rodacker <ma...@the-reflection.de>.

--
The Reflection - Webentwicklung
Patrick Rodacker

Hohenlohestr. 56
28209 Bremen

Telefon: +49 (0) 421 / 959 34 94
Telefax: +49 (0) 421 / 959 34 95
Mobil: +49 (0) 175 / 543 87 00

E-Mail: patrick.rodacker@the-reflection.de
Internet: http://the-reflection.de

Re: SVN access issue

Posted by chetan <ch...@savvion.com>.
Méresse Christophe wrote:

> Here is what I would try:
>
> [groups]
> sbm-dev=dev1,dev2
> sbm-qa=qa1,qa2
> [/sbm/test]
> @sbm-qa = rw
> @sbm-dev = rw
> [/]
> @sbm-dev = rw
>
> Regards
> Christophe

Even with this it is not working.

Regards,
Chetan

RE: Re: SVN access issue

Posted by Méresse Christophe <ch...@nagra.com>.
Here is what I would try:

[groups]
sbm-dev=dev1,dev2
sbm-qa=qa1,qa2

[/sbm/test]
@sbm-qa = rw
@sbm-dev = rw

[/]
@sbm-dev = rw

Regards
Christophe

________________________________

Re: SVN access issue

Posted by chetan <ch...@savvion.com>.
Patrick Rodacker wrote:

>Hi Chetan,
>
>chetanchatwani wrote on 05.06.2007 11:33:
>

>>[/]
>>@sbm-dev = rw
>>
>>[groups]
>>sbm-dev=dev1,dev2
>>sbm-qa=qa1,qa2
>>
>>[/sbm/test]
>>@sbm-qa = rw
>>

>have you tried putting the groups definition just before starting the
>path access definitions?
>
>Regs
>Patrick

Tried it but same error.