Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by "Viens, Stephen" <St...@LibertyMutual.com> on 2005/02/24 16:38:24 UTC

True/False: Axis *requires* all elements have a deserializer 'registered'?

A colleague using Axis 1.1 has determined that Axis *requires* that all
elements encountered in the parsing of the message have a deserializer
'registered' with Axis.  If a deserializer cannot be found a
SAXException is thrown.

Is this true? Is there a way around this?

We're striving for loose coupling with this service so we don't want the
consumers of our service to be required to regenerate the client-side
artifacts from WSDL when the schema representing the SOAP response is
*extended* .... UNLESS they're interested in the new information.

Steve

Re: True/False: Axis *requires* all elements have a deserializer 'registered'?

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
You can try using the doAutoTypes flag with latest Axis 1.2 cvs. that
may alleviate the problem.

-- dims