Posted to dev@senssoft.apache.org by lewis john mcgibbney <le...@apache.org> on 2016/10/07 21:13:21 UTC

Permission denied access on distill-ci Jenkins build

Hi builds@,

CC dev@senssoft.incubator.apache.org
Please keep dev@senssoft in CC field, thank you.

We are having issues stabilizing the distill-ci [0] on b.a.o with the
following issue indicating a permissions issue.
Can someone please take a look into the build or advise how the build
should be set up in order to avoid the issue?
Thanks in advance for any insight.
Lewis

running install_lib

creating /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/flask

error: could not create
'/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/flask': Permission denied

Cleaning up...
Command /usr/bin/python -c "import setuptools,
tokenize;__file__='/tmp/pip_build_jenkins/Flask/setup.py';exec(compile(getattr(tokenize,
'open', open)(__file__).read().replace('\r\n', '\n'), __file__,
'exec'))" install --record /tmp/pip-5NOEhZ-record/install-record.txt
--single-version-externally-managed --compile failed with error code 1
in /tmp/pip_build_jenkins/Flask
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/pip", line 9, in <module>
    load_entry_point('pip==1.5.4', 'console_scripts', 'pip')()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/__init__.py", line 235, in main
    return command.main(cmd_args)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/basecommand.py", line 161, in main
    text = '\n'.join(complete_log)
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe2 in position
72: ordinal not in range(128)

[0] https://builds.apache.org/view/S/view/SensSoft/job/distill-ci/16/console

--
http://home.apache.org/~lewismc/
@hectorMcSpector

Re: Permission denied access on distill-ci Jenkins build

Posted by Michael Shuler <mi...@pbandjelly.org>.
On 10/07/2016 05:44 PM, Chris Lambertus wrote:

>> On Oct 7, 2016, at 2:13 PM, lewis john mcgibbney <lewismc@apache.org
>> <ma...@apache.org>> wrote:
>>
>> error: could not create
>> '/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/flask': Permission denied
>
> The  simplest solution for this is probably going to be to have Infra
> add python-flask to the build slave packages in puppet. Lewis, would you
> be so kind as to put a Jira ticket in for this so we can track it?

Is virtualenv available on the build servers? This would probably be the
cleanest way to install/use adhoc python modules and various module
versions, if needed.

--
Kind regards,
Michael

Re: Permission denied access on distill-ci Jenkins build

Posted by Chris Lambertus <cm...@apache.org>.
> On Oct 7, 2016, at 2:13 PM, lewis john mcgibbney <le...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> error: could not create
> '/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/flask': Permission denied

The  simplest solution for this is probably going to be to have Infra add python-flask to the build slave packages in puppet. Lewis, would you be so kind as to put a Jira ticket in for this so we can track it?

Thanks,

Chris
ASF Infra

Re: Permission denied access on distill-ci Jenkins build

Posted by Chris Lambertus <cm...@apache.org>.