Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by sam-the-man <sj...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/13 08:21:05 UTC

Weird problems with LDAP integration

I'm coming to the end of a long, drawn-out server setup.

Archiva is the last piece of the puzzle. The kicker - I need to get it to
authenticate and authorize using ldap.

I know my LDAP server is working fine. Archiva is (was?) working fine too.

So I install archiva and load it for the first time. It forces me to create
an admin. Then I'm in, it works, etc.

So I add all the LDAP configuration options to the security.properties file,
and then restart archiva.

When the LDAP stuff is in the security.properties file, and I try to access
archiva, it goes back to the create admin field no MATTER what I do, or what
I click. I already created an admin, so why is it trying to force me to make
another after I add the LDAP stuff? Configuration files coming...

Re: Weird problems with LDAP integration

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
On 13/11/2011, at 3:25 PM, sam-the-man wrote:

> Thank you so much. Not sure what fixed it, but I altered your configuration
> file, used it, and it worked.
>
> Everything's working well.
>
> There are certain users I don't want to have ANY access to archiva. How can
> I disable them in archive?

You can lock them - that won't be passed back to LDAP, but will prevent logging in.

However, by default they will have no permissions anyway, so while they can log in, it won't do anything other than they'd have without logging in. So that's probably sufficient.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org

Re: Weird problems with LDAP integration

Posted by sam-the-man <sj...@gmail.com>.
Thank you so much. Not sure what fixed it, but I altered your configuration
file, used it, and it worked.

Everything's working well.

There are certain users I don't want to have ANY access to archiva. How can
I disable them in archiva?

Re: Weird problems with LDAP integration

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Make sure you have configured an admin user that exists in LDAP - at the moment there's no way to use an internal user for that.

Here is a configuration template I use which should show the values you'd need to populate:
https://github.com/maestrodev/puppet-archiva/blob/master/templates/security.properties.erb