Posted to user@bigtop.apache.org by David Starina <da...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/14 21:25:49 UTC

Problem running HBase

Hi,

I'm new to the Hadoop world. I have tried installing Hadoop + HBase +
Zookeeper on a single node via Bigtop (in a virtual machine CentOS). I'm
trying to create a table in HBase, and get the following error:

client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation: Check the value
configured in 'zookeeper.znode.parent'. There could be a mismatch with the
one configured in the master.

I checked the configuration in hbase-site.xml and it is empty. How should I
configure it to run on a single node?

Best regards,
David Starina

Re: Problem running HBase

Posted by Sean Mackrory <ma...@gmail.com>.
You're welcome. I suspect the problem may have been trying to start the
RegionServer in stand-alone mode, when only the Master is run. It was
probably looking for something the Master would do if the Master was
running in distributed mode.

Re: Problem running HBase

Posted by David Starina <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: Problem running HBase