Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Kunal Mittal <ku...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/01 06:43:42 UTC

Problem regarding queries enclosed in double quotes in Solr 3.4

We have a Solr 3.4 setup. When we try to do queries with double quotes like :
"semantic web" , the query takes a long time to execute.
One solution we are thinking about is to make the same query without the
quotes and set the phrase slop(ps) parameter to 0. That is quite quicker
than the query with the quotes and gives similar results to the query with
quotes.
Is there a way to fix this by modifying the schema.xml file? Any suggestions
would be appreciated.

Re: Problem regarding queries enclosed in double quotes in Solr 3.4

Posted by Kunal Mittal <ku...@gmail.com>.
Upayavira thanks for replying.

When we run the quoted query in edismax, we get correct results. The only
problem is that the quoted queries are very slow.

Can you please point me to a link which talks about the quoted queries in
the edismax parser?

Re: Problem regarding queries enclosed in double quotes in Solr 3.4

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
Which query parser are you using? It seems you are mixing them up.

As far as I know, edismax doesnt support quoted phrases, it uses pf
param to invoke phrase queries. Likewise, the lucene query parser
doesn't support a phrase slop param, it uses a "phrase slop"~2 syntax.

Upayavira

Posted by Dmitry Kan <so...@gmail.com>.
Perhaps you can make a query parser to fix this?
It would parse the incoming query and substitute "some_terms" with
"some_terms" ~0