Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Mark Vigeant <ma...@riskmetrics.com> on 2009/10/06 16:57:20 UTC

NoNode Exception?

Hey-

So I've been messing around with HBase 0.20.0 for the past couple of weeks on some virtual machines (with ubuntu), and for whatever reason every week or so I get thrown a ton of exceptions and have no idea what to do except format the nodes and reinstall everything. Basically I get this :

org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$NoNodeException: KeeperErrorCode = NoNode for /hbase/master

but it's silly because I know the master is running (when typing jps it says HMaster and HQuorumPeer are running fine) so I was wondering if there was a patch or something that fixes this... I don't think this is because of something I did because it occurs randomly. I don't know. I throw myself at the mercy of the listserve.

Mark Vigeant
RiskMetrics Group, Inc.

RE: NoNode Exception?

Posted by Mark Vigeant <ma...@riskmetrics.com>.
That may very well be the problem. Thank you!

One thing that could cause this, is if you have a zookeeper ensemble in
which the individual zookeepers are running in stand-alone mode.

--
Eric Bowman
Boboco Ltd

Re: NoNode Exception?

Posted by Eric Bowman <eb...@boboco.ie>.

RE: NoNode Exception?

Posted by Mark Vigeant <ma...@riskmetrics.com>.
Ok so I was just trying to start HBase up again so I could compile a list of error messages to send you when miraculously everything started working...

Maybe I fixed it? If I run into the problems again I'll send you the errors. Thank you so much for your immediate help though!

Posted by Eric Bowman <eb...@boboco.ie>.
I'd look in the zookeeper logs for more clues. We saw something similar
to this, and found OutOfMemoryErrors in the ZK logs.

RE: NoNode Exception?

Re: NoNode Exception?

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.

RE: NoNode Exception?