Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Lyor Goldstein <lg...@vmware.com> on 2015/07/16 06:42:23 UTC

Vote on releasing SSHD 1.0

As you have probably noticed, SSHD 1.0 has undergone major development - including features, bug fixes and re-organization of the code in order to make it more robust, easier to debug, extend, etc... The version seems stable enough - no major new features planned (at least for 1.0). Personally, some of the features and bug fixes I have contributed are driven by bugs or lacking features in the last released version - 0.14.0.

Please note that there was some major code re-factoring - mainly moving classes to more "natural" locations and attempting to create a clearer separation between client, server and common code. This means that code based on versions pre-1.0 will need some changes - mainly resolving the new location of the moved class, and in a few instances changing slightly the parameters or return type. For any IDE this is a 5 min. job at most, so this should not be an issue (IMO). The idea is to attempt and have a good structure in version 1.0 so that in future versions such re-factoring will be rare if any.

Re: Vote on releasing SSHD 1.0

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org>.
Thx for all the work you did those past months.

I started removing some warnings in the code such as boxing/unboxing,
diamonds operator, etc...

I was wondering if we should set up some enforcement around code style and
warnings using checkstyle and windbags before doing the 1.0 release, but
that's not a big deal.

I also saw that some tests are failing... I'm fixing some of those.  Could
you have a look on your side too ?

Otherwise, +1