Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/13 01:45:37 UTC

board report for Apache NiFi - January 2017

Team,

I was running late on getting this together so have gone ahead and
submitted it.  But here is the board report I submitted for us this
month.  Very cool to see continued growth of our PMC and committer
group and the quality release cadence.

Thanks all!

 - Apache NiFi is an easy to use, powerful, and reliable system to
process and distribute data.
 - Apache MiNiFi, a child project of Apache NiFi, is an edge data
collection agent built to seamlessly integrate with and leverage the
command and control of NiFi. There are both Java and C++
implementations.

## Issues:
 - There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Activity:
 - Apache NiFi 1.1.1 was released (12/22/16)
 - Apache NiFi 1.0.1 was released (12/19/16)
 - Apache NiFi MiNiFi 0.1.0 Java released (12/4/16)
 - Apache NiFi MiNiFi 0.1.0 C++ released (12/2/16)
 - Apache NiFi 1.1.0 was released (11/29/16)

## Health report:
 - We have grown both the PMC and committer ranks during the reporting period.
 - We've produced both significant feature and bug fix releases during the
 reporting period.
 - Discussions on dev and in our wiki are evolving well regarding future
 feature ideas and we continue to see new contributors participating.

## PMC changes:

 - Currently 17 PMC members.
 - New PMC members:
    - Joe Skora was added to the PMC on Wed Dec 28 2016
    - Andre Fucs de Miranda was added to the PMC on Wed Nov 02 2016

## Committer base changes:

 - Currently 30 committers.
 - New commmitters:
    - Joey Frazee was added as a committer on Thu Dec 29 2016
    - Jeremy Dyer was added as a committer on Mon Dec 19 2016
    - Scott Aslan was added as a committer on Fri Nov 04 2016
    - Bryan Rosander was added as a committer on Mon Oct 24 2016

## Releases:

 - Last release was Apache NiFi 1.1.1 on Dec 22 2016
 - There were five releases during the reporting period.

## Mailing list activity:

 - Mailing list activity remained strong throughout the reporting period.

 - users@nifi.apache.org:

 - dev@nifi.apache.org:

 - issues@nifi.apache.org:

## JIRA activity:

Re: board report for Apache NiFi - January 2017

Posted by Matt Burgess <ma...@apache.org>.
+1 LGTM (especially the growth). The email rates are a bit down but
percentage-wise, the issues list is closer to 50% of last period where
the rest is within "normal" limits.  I'm guessing this is due to the
holidays? I know I got a lot less done over the past month, perhaps
because of putting together toys that were supposed to be easy to
assemble. Or maybe I spent more time responding to questions than
actually reviewing PRs. Will correct that now that my kids are back in
school for the day :)

Cheers,
Matt