Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by bruno alves teixeira <l1...@alunos.uevora.pt> on 2007/02/08 16:33:39 UTC

[users@httpd] IP-based SSL virtualhosts problem - with attachment

Hi,

I've been all over the web and mailling list archives, so I know multiple
SSL hosts on one machine is a problem for name-based virtual hosts, but
shouldn't IP aliasing and IP-based virtual hosts solve this?

I seem to be doing everything correctly but the certificate of the top
virtual host is used for all hosts. The RedirectMatch for each IP is
correct, but the top certificate is always used. You can check out the
attached file, to verify the definition of the virtual hosts.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for your time.

Take care.

Bruno Teixeira

[users@httpd] mod_proxy+weblogic

Posted by arun kumar <ar...@yahoo.com>.
Hi all,

  I am using apache 2.2 and weblogic is my backend

  Below find the configuration in httpd.conf file

  ProxyPassReverse /janus balancer://test/
  <Proxy balancer://test>
  BalancerMember http://10.249.68.24:9001/test
    BalancerMember http://10.249.68.23:7009/test
  </Proxy>
ProxyPass /janus  balancer://test stickysession=JSESSIONID nofailover=On

  But it is giving session timeout error for me.Please let me know what is an issue??

  Arun

---------------------------------
It's here! Your new message!

---------------------------------
Need Mail bonding?

Re: [users@httpd] IP-based SSL virtualhosts problem - with attachment

Posted by bruno alves teixeira <l1...@alunos.uevora.pt>.
Hi there,

it's working fine after all. I guess it was the NameVirtualHost directive.

Thank you very much for help.

Take care.

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.

Posted by bruno alves teixeira <l1...@alunos.uevora.pt>.
Hi Joshua,

the certificates are now different for each virtual host - I sent a
different file earlier. I have removed the NameVirtualHost directives. I
still have the same problem. I've restarted apache after the changes and
the problem still remains, when I access 192.168.2.250 via browser, I get
redirected to /var/www/store/, but the used certificate is the "198.crt".

Why is the Directory section not correct? It was copied from apache2's
default file...

Thank you for your help.

Bruno Teixeira

Config file:

<VirtualHost 192.168.2.198:443>
        ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost
        ServerName 192.168.2.198

        SSLEngine On
        SSLCertificateFile /etc/apache2/ssl/198.crt
        SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/apache2/ssl/198.key

        DocumentRoot /var/www/
        <Directory />
                Options FollowSymLinks
                AllowOverride None
        </Directory>
        <Directory /var/www/>
                AllowOverride None
                Order allow,deny
                allow from all
                RedirectMatch ^/$ /site/
        </Directory>

        ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/
        <Directory "/usr/lib/cgi-bin">
                AllowOverride None
                Options ExecCGI -MultiViews +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
                Order allow,deny
                Allow from all
        </Directory>

        ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/error.log

        # alert, emerg.
        LogLevel warn

        CustomLog /var/log/apache2/access.log combined
        ServerSignature On

    Alias /doc/ "/usr/share/doc/"
    <Directory "/usr/share/doc/">
        Options Indexes MultiViews FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride None
        Order deny,allow
        Deny from all
        Allow from 127.0.0.0/255.0.0.0 ::1/128
    </Directory>

</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 192.168.2.250:443>
        ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost
        ServerName 192.168.2.250

        SSLEngine On
        SSLCertificateFile /etc/apache2/ssl/250.crt
        SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/apache2/ssl/250.key

        DocumentRoot /var/www/
        <Directory />
                Options FollowSymLinks
                AllowOverride None