Posted to user@tika.apache.org by Ilya Zavorin <iz...@caci.com> on 2012/05/03 17:09:36 UTC

porting Tika 1.0 to Android 4.0

I am trying to port the Core and parsers projects to Android 4.0. I have heard that there are some incompatibility issues on Android for some of the parsers, so for starters I would be happy to get at least a couple of them to work. However, I am having trouble porting any code, to be able to step through it using a simple "wrapper" app on Android. Specifically, I am using Eclipse and having this issue:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10420896/trying-to-port-tika-1-0-to-android-in-eclipse-error-messages-refercing-pom-xml

Is there some type of guide or reference for porting Tika to Android?

Thanks,

Ilya Zavorin

Re: porting Tika 1.0 to Android 4.0

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com>.
On Thu, 3 May 2012, Ilya Zavorin wrote:
> However, I am having trouble porting any code, to be able to step
> through it using a simple "wrapper" app on Android. Specifically, I am
> using Eclipse and having this issue:
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10420896/trying-to-port-tika-1-0-to-android-in-eclipse-error-messages-refercing-pom-xml

I'd suggest you go and find a tutorial on including maven based libraries
in Android apps. I've no idea what you'd do, but it's normal for each
maven jar to have the pom, so any maven + android guide should cover it

Nick