Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Rajesh Jain <rj...@ptc.com> on 2000/03/08 19:55:37 UTC

Tomcat error message

Hi,

I am trying to configure Apache to use tomcat and I have been following
all the instructions
in the Tomcat+Apache+HowTO

I am not been able to get the tomcat process running (ps -ef | grep
tomcat ) after startup.sh

What could be the possible problem??

Also Apache gives me the error cannot connect to localhost:8007 (
I guess because tomcat
process is not up and working)

Do I have to make any changes to server.xml to get even the examples
running.

Or am I missing some class files ( I have downloaded the Tomcat3.0 zip
version)

Thanx in advance .

--
                        Rajesh Jain (rjain@ptc.com)
                        Parametric Technology Corp

RE: Tomcat error message

Posted by John Pettit <jp...@logictier.com>.
I had similar porblems when I first tried to get tomcat running with JDK
1.2; with 1.1, I didn't have any problems. What version of the JDK are you
using? If you are using 1.2, it might be having trouble finding javac (I
believe the doc does talk about this case). It would be nice if it gave an
error, instead of silently giving up.

-- John