Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Warner Godfrey <wa...@godfrey.name> on 2003/01/23 04:31:57 UTC

Tomcat 4.1.12 - JK2 2.0.1 - IIS 5.0 & load balancing

Hello,

Is load balancing supported by the JK2 ISAPI filter (isapi_redirect2.dll)?

If it is I am running into problems getting load balancing to work with IIS!
I have successfully load balanced a cluster of Tomcat servers using the JK2
module for Apache2, but wen I try and port my configuration over to IIS I
get the following error in the Event Viewer Application Log:

--
Event Type: Warning
Event Source: Apache Jakarta Connector2
Date:  23/01/2003
Time:  2:07:15 PM
User:  N/A
Computer: TOMCAT1
Error: [jk_isapi_plugin.c (489)]: HttpExtensionProc worker is NULL
--

I am not sure if there are subtle differences between the Apache2 JK2 module
and the JK2 ISAPI filter for IIS 5.0, but it seems as soon as you try and

Can anyone explain the reason for this error? I have included my JK2
configuration below:

-- workers2.properties --
[shm:]
info=Shared memory file. Required for reconfiguration and status with
multiprocess servers
file=c:/tomcat/work/jk2.shm
size=1000000

[logger.file:0]
level=DEBUG
file=c:/tomcat/logs/iis_jk2.log

[lb:lb]
info=Declaration of a load balanced group.
debug=0

[channel.socket:tomcat1:8009]
info=Forwarding over socket connection to tomcat1 instance.
host=tomcat1
port=8009
lbfactor=1
group=lb
tomcatId=tomcat1:8009

[ajp13:tomcat1:8009]
info=Ajp13 worker, connects to tomcat1 instance using AJP 1.3 protocol.
channel=channel.socket:tomcat1:8009
tomcatId=tomcat1:8009

[channel.socket:tomcat2:8009]
info=Forwarding over socket connection to tomcat2 instance.
host=tomcat2
port=8009
lbfactor=1
group=lb
tomcatId=tomcat2:8009

[ajp13:tomcat2:8009]
info=Ajp13 worker, connects to tomcat2 instance using AJP 1.3 protocol.
channel=channel.socket:tomcat2:8009
tomcatId=tomcat2:8009

[uri:/loadbalancing/SessionTest.jsp]
info=Sample JSP to test load balancing.