Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Dan Murphy <dm...@googlemail.com> on 2007/02/26 17:26:53 UTC

Databinding integration tests

Hi,

Althought the databinding-test project has been moved into the testing/sca
project, the tests themselves could do with some improvements.

If people agree, I'd like to seperate them into a number of sub projects
that test individual databindings (ie. a sperate project for each SDO, JAXB
etc) and one or more to test interoperbillity between them (eg SDO<->JAXB)
using default and WS bindings. Initially these tests would focus on client
and inter composite transformations rather than inter component.

I should be able to submitt them later this week, assuming it is felt better
tests are approprite, and would be willing to try interlanguage later if
needed (eg. Java SDO <-> Javascript or other composite/components).

Cheers,
Dan

Re: Databinding integration tests

Posted by Dan Murphy <dm...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Ant,

I was working on the basis that, for example, an SDO client -> JAXB
Composite using WS bindings would go though the AXIOM layer. If not it
wouldn't be too difficult to ad a specifc AXIOM set of tests (similar to
e4x-axiom) for the others if necessary... Is this sufficent, or do you think
we need sdo-axiom, jaxb-axiom) are explicitly needed ?

Cheers

Posted by Dan Murphy <dm...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

I meant to get this email off end of last week, but had other thing my mind
(I got engaged this weekend)....

I opened a jira (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-1149) and
submitted a patch with a couple of sample tests....

I raised the jira since I don't really have any other way to share code with
committers (although I guess I could have loaded the patch to the wiki).
There are failures in the test cases, but due to my inexperience in the
databindings component (having only looked at it a couple of weeks ago) I
can't tell if they are due to bugs or user errors.

Anyone able to give me a hand debugging this ? I have more cases available,
but since they fail in a similar way, it seemed a good idea to get some help
on this subset first.

Regards,
Dan

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.