Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Dioc Vine <dr...@gmx.de> on 2004/01/20 17:50:05 UTC

action compiling problem

hi *

I’m a complete newbie to Cocoon and have troubles to compile actions.

I’m using the 2.1.3 distribution of cocoon and tried to compile the
sample action HelloAction.java which comes with the source. Therefore I
included the cocoon-2.1.3.jar and the avalon-framework-4.1.4.jar in the
classpath as these are the only ones to be needed ... so I thought. But
still the ServiceableAction class and the getLogger() method are unknown
to the java compiler. What’s missing or wrong?

Thanx for your help,

Georg Göttlich

Re: action compiling problem

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 20.01.2004 17:50, Dioc Vine wrote:

> hi *
>
> I’m a complete newbie to Cocoon and have troubles to compile actions.
>
> I’m using the 2.1.3 distribution of cocoon and tried to compile the
> sample action HelloAction.java which comes with the source.

We have a HelloAction in the Cocoon sources??

> Therefore I
> included the cocoon-2.1.3.jar and the avalon-framework-4.1.4.jar in the
> classpath as these are the only ones to be needed ... so I thought. But
> still the ServiceableAction class and the getLogger() method are unknown
> to the java compiler. What’s missing or wrong?

Yes, these both should be enough for simple Cocoon based classes. If you
have a look into both JARs you will find the corresponding classes. So I
can only guess that something is wrong with your compile setup.

Joerg

Re: action compiling problem

Posted by beyaNet Consultancy <be...@ntlworld.com>.
Georg,

I presume that you are using ant to build? I use the following build
script:

1. build.xml

<project name="User" default="compile">

     <target name="compile">
       <javac srcdir="../classes" --- directory you *java file(s) to be
compiled are
              destdir="../classes" -- destination where you want the
compiled class file to live
              debug="on"

           <classpath>
               <fileset dir="../lib"> --- destination of your classpath
                   <include name="*.jar"/> --- this line pulls in every
jar in your classpath
               </fileset>
           </classpath>
	  </javac>