Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by hongbin ma <ma...@apache.org> on 2016/09/03 08:13:42 UTC

Re: Do not order columns for Auto Generate Dimensions in Cube Design

​+1

​alphabetical order obviously makes no sense. can we sort them by
cardinality?

*Bin Mahone | 马洪宾*

Re: Do not order columns for Auto Generate Dimensions in Cube Design

Posted by Luke Han <lu...@gmail.com>.
+1 should keep orginal order

Best Regards!
---------------------

Luke Han

Posted by Yiming Liu <li...@gmail.com>.
Agree with Luke. Should I create a JIRA for this feature?

--
With Warm regards

Yiming Liu (刘一鸣)

Re: Do not order columns for Auto Generate Dimensions in Cube Design

Posted by Luke Han <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by hongbin ma <ma...@apache.org>.
The order by original table is already lost when we define dimensions in
model. So the problem becomes how to order the dimension when creating
model?

To illustrate the problem let's assume we have fact table and a lookup
table. Assume the columns on fact is "dim1, FK, dim2, metrics1, metrics2",
and the lookup table looks like "PK, dim3, dim4", what kind of ordering is
reasonable? 1234 ro 1342?

On Sat, Sep 3, 2016 at 6:01 PM, Yiming Liu <li...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like suggest keeping original order still. Just like we execute
> "desc table", no reorder happens, and the original order normal has some
> kinds of relationship.

> > ​+1
> >
> > ​alphabetical order obviously makes no sense. can we sort them by
> > cardinality?
> >

> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > *Bin Mahone | 马洪宾*
> >

> --
> With Warm regards
>
> Yiming Liu (刘一鸣)

*Bin Mahone | 马洪宾*

Re: Do not order columns for Auto Generate Dimensions in Cube Design

Posted by Yiming Liu <li...@gmail.com>.

--
With Warm regards

Yiming Liu (刘一鸣)