Posted to dev@vxquery.apache.org by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/06 11:50:45 UTC

Next steps

Hi,

looking forward, the most important steps for the VXQuery project seem to me:

- Create some documentation, at least for the following use cases:

  * Use VXQuery to select data out of Java beans (JAXB classes?)
  * Use VXQuery to select data out of DOM documents

And then, ASAP, cut  a first release, no matter the projects then current state.

That way it should be possible to gain a little bit more interest by
others. I'd strongly recommend to think in that direction.

Jochen

--
In other words: what could be seen as a socially debilitating failure
of character can certainly work to your advantage too. (Linus

Re: Next steps

Posted by Cezar Andrei <ce...@gmail.com>.
IMHO, some documentation on what and how it works today and a release is
more important than another percentage of passing tests. A release means
the project is serious and it passes the Apache release requirements, i.e.
licensing etc and also is a good exercise to go through for new projects
like VXQuery.

Cezar

Re: Next steps

Posted by Vinayak Borkar <vb...@yahoo.com>.
> But we really need to document what works today (e.g. approx. 4000 of the 19000 tests of the XQuery test suite) and how it can be used.

As of last night, we are at 5500 passing tests!

Re: Next steps

Posted by Till Westmann <ti...@westmann.org>.
Hi Jochen,