Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by susantha <su...@opensource.lk> on 2003/07/10 12:26:01 UTC

How to specify overloaded methods in wsdd

Hi all,

I have a class with a set of overloaded methods and I want to export few of
those methods as a web service

Ex:-

class MyClass
{
	public int Add(int a, int b);         <---- method1
	public Point Add(Point a, Point b);   <---- method2
	public Square Add(Square a, Square b);<---- method3
}

say I want to export only method2 as a web service.

So in my wsdd file if I set AllowedMethods = "Add" all 3 methods will be allowed.
How do I make only the method2 exported ?.

Thanks,

Susantha.

---------------
Lanka Software Foundation  (http://www.opensource.lk.)
Promoting Open-Source Development in Sri Lanka.

Re: How to specify overloaded methods in wsdd

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
Susantha,

There is no way to do this right now....See getSyncedOperationsForName method in ServiceDesc.java
for details on how we implement the restriction. Maybe you can come up with a patch for the new
feature.

Thanks,
dims

http://sbc.yahoo.com