Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us> on 2014/03/25 22:36:40 UTC

Google Analytics

Hi folks,

Many many moons ago we discussed doing some website analytics. At the
time we were discussing requesting a VM and using open source software
to do this. We never got that built out. I don't really have the
cycles (or inclination) at the moment for such a project, but I do
think there is a value in measuring various things about our web
traffic. As such, I'd like to stand up a Google Analytics account and
add the snipped of code to our CMS template so that every page gets a
copy of it. I'm happy to grant access to any committer who wishes to
spend their time looking at the data. Anyone offended by this?

I'll let this set for a few days and if no one becomes violently ill
I'll move forward and make the changes.

--David

Re: Google Analytics

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.
Hello,

Piwik (http://piwik.org/, see demo link) can be a solution (it works
like google analytics).

If GA is preferred, I can do the work (add the snippet on CMS template).

Milamber

Re: Google Analytics

Posted by Ian Duffy <ia...@ianduffy.ie>.
+1

Re: Google Analytics

Posted by Rohit Yadav <bh...@apache.org>.
+1 and use tag manager ftw

Re: Google Analytics

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.
I turned it on for docs.c.a.o already because it was built-in

-Sebastien

Re: Google Analytics

Posted by Laszlo Hornyak <la...@gmail.com>.
+1

--

EOF

Re: Google Analytics

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 5:36 PM, David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Many many moons ago we discussed doing some website analytics. At the
> time we were discussing requesting a VM and using open source software
> to do this. We never got that built out. I don't really have the
> cycles (or inclination) at the moment for such a project, but I do
> think there is a value in measuring various things about our web
> traffic. As such, I'd like to stand up a Google Analytics account and
> add the snipped of code to our CMS template so that every page gets a
> copy of it. I'm happy to grant access to any committer who wishes to
> spend their time looking at the data. Anyone offended by this?
>
> I'll let this set for a few days and if no one becomes violently ill
> I'll move forward and make the changes.
>
> --David

+1