Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Lars Slettjord <la...@cc.uit.no> on 1997/08/07 15:00:02 UTC

mod_log-any/976: CustomLog does not log 5xx series of errors

>Number:         976
>Category:       mod_log-any
>Synopsis:       CustomLog does not log 5xx series of errors
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I have a web-server with several virtual domains. Each of these virtual domains
(and the main server) logs to several log-files. They all log to one common
logfile by this mod_log_config directive:

	CustomLog logs/statsum_log "%t %v %h %s %b %f"

And they all have their personal logfiles by these directives:

	ErrorLog logs/vhosts/www.NAME.no.error_log
	TransferLog logs/vhosts/www.NAME.no.access_log

Where NAME is their account-name.

In the TransferLog files I can see type 5xx errors logged, but they are not
logged in the shared logfile specified by CustomLog.

In the TransferLog for the main server I can see several 5xx series of
errors, but in the TransferLogs for virtual domains I can only find 501
types of errors. This may be because I have not had any other 5xx series
of errors here yet.

But in the shared logfile specified by CustomLog I can not find any 5xx
series of errors. Where I have a 5xx series of error in the TransferLog
files I have nothing in the CustomLog file (I checked by searching for
timestamps and filenames).