Posted to dev@vxquery.apache.org by Eldon Carman <ec...@ucr.edu> on 2012/10/11 03:12:03 UTC

Maven build error

I get the following error when trying to run "mvn package
-DskipTests". Both Hyracks Asterix Stabilization release and VXQuery
codebases are up-to-date, also ran "mvn clean" before the maven
command. Do I need to use a different code base for Asterix? Or am I
missing something?

Thanks
Preston

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project apache-vxquery-core: Could
not resolve dependencies for project
org.apache.vxquery:apache-vxquery-core:jar:0.1-incubating-SNAPSHOT:
Failure to find
edu.uci.ics.hyracks:algebricks-compiler:jar:0.2.2-SNAPSHOT in
http://obelix.ics.uci.edu/nexus/content/repositories/hyracks-snapshots/
was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted
until the update interval of hyracks-snapshots has elapsed or updates
are forced -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with
the -e switch.
[ERROR]
please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1]
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/DependencyResolutionException
[ERROR]
[ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the command
[ERROR]   mvn <goals> -rf :apache-vxquery-core

Re: Maven build error

Posted by Vinayak Borkar <vb...@yahoo.com>.
Preston,

Sorry for not sending out this mail earlier. The next dev version of
Hyracks that VXQuery trunk needs to depend on is at

https://hyracks.googlecode.com/svn/branches/fullstack_staging

In your own eclipse workspace you will have to do the following:

1. Delete all hyracks projects from the workspace.
2. Re-import all Existing Maven Projects and when Eclipse prompts you
for the root, use the fullstack_staging folder where the checkout was done.

After these two steps, go into the fullstack_staging folder in a
terminal and type:

MAVEN_OPTS="-Xmx1024M" mvn install -DskipTests

This will install all the necessary jars for vxquery trunk to work
correctly.

After this go ahead and do a vxquery build.

Vinayak

Re: Maven build error

Posted by Till Westmann <ti...@westmann.org>.