Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Renji Panicker <re...@aliyance.com> on 2002/02/26 05:52:16 UTC

Subelements ordering.

Hi,
I remember reading somewhere that DOM does not guarantee that the order in
which the children of an element are returned is the same as that in which
it is stored in the XML file.

But I have noticed xerces does maintain this order. Is this by design? Or
more to the point, is this behaviour dependable?

Thanks,
-/renji

Re: Subelements ordering.

Posted by Dean Roddey <dr...@charmedquark.com>.
The parser maintains child order, but not necessarily attribute order.

--------------------------
Dean Roddey
The Charmed Quark Controller
Charmed Quark Software
droddey@charmedquark.com
http://www.charmedquark.com

"If it don't have a control port, don't buy it!"

Re: Subelements ordering.

Posted by John Utz <ut...@singingfish.com>.
elements are ordered, attributes are not.

( i should find the documentation behind it )

Re: Subelements ordering.

Posted by "Leonardo B. Lopes" <le...@iems.nwu.edu>.