Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2013/01/10 23:16:57 UTC

Installer badge incorrect on installer page

Hi,

Probably a known issue but just in case it's not. The installer badge is still showing 4.8 not 4.9 on the installer page. It downloads 1.0.9 not 2.0.2.

http://flex.apache.org/installer.html

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Installer badge incorrect on installer page

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> I just looked, it is pointing to 4.9 and downloads 2.0.2.  I think you
> should clear your browser cache and try again.

BTW a shift reload fixed it - no need to clear the entire browser cache.

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 3:02 PM, Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > This approach will not update the existing badges that people have
> embedded
> > on their sites/blogs etc.
>
> Sure but we don't want people going to that page and seeing and
> downloading the wrong version of the installer. Not everyone will know to
> clear out their cache/do a shift refresh. Is there another way we can stop
> this from happening? Can we modify the expires headers?
>
> Justin

Yes, modifying the .htaccess to look something like this would work:

<files installerbadge/index.html>
    Header set Cache-Control "max-age=3600"
</files>

Can someone familiar with this setup confirm that this would work?

Thanks,
Om

Re: Installer badge incorrect on installer page

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 2:37 PM, Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > I just looked, it is pointing to 4.9 and downloads 2.0.2.  I think you
> > should clear your browser cache and try again.
> Perhaps change the installer path to include the version number? eg
> ./installerbadge/index2.0.2.html That way there should be less caching
> issues?
>
> Thanks,
> Justin

This approach will not update the existing badges that people have embedded
on their sites/blogs etc.  One of the goals of this approach was to keep
updating the same badge so people always publicize our latest releases.

Re: Installer badge incorrect on installer page

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.