Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by James Dixson <di...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/12 14:54:31 UTC

[vote] Apache Etch 1.0.2-incubating (second attempt)

Here are new package versions for apache-etch-1.0.2-incubating. A
DISCLAIMER.txt is now included...

>From the original vote request...

>  Ok folks I believe we have our first Apache release candidate for Etch: apache-etch-1.0.2-incubating.
>
> With this release we have updated all of the licensing/headers for the project to meet Apache standards, fixed a few bugs and validated under Windows, OS X and Linux (Ubuntu).
>
>  Complete listing of what was fixed is here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=12310835&fixfor=12313456
>
>  We *have not* in 1.0.2 changed the package names from "etch" to "org.apache.etch", that change will be in our next release, apache-etch-1.1-incubating, which will be ready for
>  release in another 2-3 weeks. We did not change the package names to maintain compatibility for folks running the pre-apache 1.0.x releases who are only interested in bug-fixes.
>
>  We have met the threshold for committer votes in the following threads:
>
>    http://n2.nabble.com/-vote--Release-1.0.2-td2294748.html
>    http://n2.nabble.com/-vote--Release-1.0.2-(second-attempt)-td2360187.html
>

>  The candidate files can be found here:
>     http://people.apache.org/~dixson/apache-etch/1.0.2-incubating/
>
>  Each file has a MD5, SHA1 and a Signature.
>
>  Finally, the output from RAT is also included in the "*-rat-output.txt" file.

---
james

Re: [vote] Apache Etch 1.0.2-incubating (second attempt)

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 9:54 PM, James Dixson <di...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>  Ok folks I believe we have our first Apache release candidate for Etch: apache-etch-1.0.2-incubating.

+1

Cheers
Niclas

Re: [vote] Apache Etch 1.0.2-incubating (second attempt)

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Actually, the 3 vote minimum is required.  If you look here:

It says "the 'minimum of three +1 votes' rule is universal."

Posted by "scott comer (sccomer)" <sc...@cisco.com>.
ok, we've got three +1 votes:

Niclas Hedhman
Ant Elder
Kevan Miller

All are incubator pmc members (by jim's list), all binding.

scott out

Re: [vote] Apache Etch 1.0.2-incubating (second attempt)

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Don't you usually need 3 +1 binding votes to do a release?

On Mar 19, 2009 1:54 PM, "James Dixson" <di...@gmail.com> wrote:

So far we are at +2

If we do not get anymore votes before Monday (23-Mar), I would like to go
ahead and declare victory and move forward with the release.

--
james

On Mar 12, 2009, at 8:54 AM, James Dixson wrote: > Here are new package
versions for apache-etc...

Re: [vote] Apache Etch 1.0.2-incubating (second attempt)

Posted by James Dixson <di...@gmail.com>.
So far we are at +2

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
+1