Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/04 10:28:40 UTC

Release plan for 0.90

Guys

I'm just setting up a release plan for 0.90.

We have two choices -

1) release soonish with the asyncweb transport (async server only)
2) wait until Asankha has completed the NIO Axis2 transport (async
server and client)

My preference is to try and stabilize what we have today into a
release and then push out another with the NIO Axis2 transport
afterwards.

My reason is that I think the Axis2 NIO will need lots of testing -
and will probably end up taking longer to complete than we think -
getting full HTTP1.1 support for example. So if the AsyncWeb stuff is
working then we can stabilize all the other good stuff we have put in
and get feedback on it.

For those of you who haven't followed what the async handling is
doing, basically its getting rid of the thread blocks while Synapse is
waiting for a response - even when the HTTP transport is
synchronous/anonymous. The Asyncweb model isn't using an Async sender,
so extra threads are being created and blocking if we are sending to
an async transport.

Thoughts?

Paul

--
Paul Fremantle

http://bloglines.com/blog/paulfremantle
paul@wso2.com

Re: Release plan for 0.90

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
In that case I suggest we hold off doing 0.90 until we have a NIO
solution that doesn't prereq 1.5.

I'm happy to do that - it will push 0.90 out a little, but if 1.4
support is important then lets do that.

Paul

Re: Release plan for 0.90

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
yes please keep 1.4 support.

Re: Release plan for 0.90

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.

Re: Release plan for 0.90

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Asankha

Re: Release plan for 0.90

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
Paul

Re: Release plan for 0.90

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
Paul

Yes, we need to spend more time on this, as this is almost the same
example used in the Axis2 Integration test scenario 3 - which works
during an Axis2 build.

The error we encounter at Axis2 is:
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at
org.apache.axiom.om.impl.dom.ChildNode.getNextOMSibling(ChildNode.java:45)
   at
org.apache.axiom.om.impl.dom.ElementImpl.getNextOMSibling(ElementImpl.java:1355)

   at
org.apache.axiom.om.impl.dom.ChildNode.getNextSibling(ChildNode.java:52)
   at
org.apache.ws.security.util.WSSecurityUtil.findElementById(WSSecurityUtil.java:299)

   at
org.apache.ws.security.util.WSSecurityUtil.getElementByWsuId(WSSecurityUtil.java:439)

   at
org.apache.ws.security.message.token.SecurityTokenReference.getTokenElement(SecurityTokenReference.java:176)

   at
org.apache.ws.security.processor.SignatureProcessor.verifyXMLSignature(SignatureProcessor.java:186)

   at
org.apache.ws.security.processor.SignatureProcessor.handleToken(SignatureProcessor.java:79)

   at
org.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityEngine.processSecurityHeader(WSSecurityEngine.java:279)

   at
org.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityEngine.processSecurityHeader(WSSecurityEngine.java:201)

   at org.apache.rampart.RampartEngine.process(RampartEngine.java:62)
   at
org.apache.rampart.handler.RampartReceiver.invoke(RampartReceiver.java:74)

And on the Synapse side, we encounter issue
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WSCOMMONS-104 (Caused due to use of
Rampart) while trying to process the above fault message.

thanks
asankha

Re: Release plan for 0.90

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
Paul

Re: Release plan for 0.90

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Asankha

Re: Release plan for 0.90

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Asankha

Re: Release plan for 0.90

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
Paul

Re: Release plan for 0.90

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
I'm also +1 to 0.90 now.

I'm also fine with the JDK1.5 prereq but wonder if that should be brought
out into another thread so its clear to anyone who may be not reading every
mail...I'll do that now.

    ...ant

Re: Release plan for 0.90

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.