Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Ragu Sivaraman <pr...@hotmail.com> on 2001/07/10 23:16:26 UTC

msg=Exception from service object: [Ljava.lang.Object;]

Folks:

I have this problem when i try to do the following

1. findByLastName method returns a collection of account objects based
on the last name

2. This collection is converted to array of objects using toArray().

3. Then its casted to my javabean AccountInfo and returned
      return (AccountInfo[])c.toArray(); //where c being the collection

4. The above 3 functions are done in a method name getAccount()

5. When this getAccount() method is set in the Call object (callSoapMethod
in this case), with the parameters being set to null,
i get this following error

[SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Server;
msg=Exception from service object: [Ljava.lang.Object;]
        at
samples.soap.account.soap.AccountSoapProxy.callSoapMethod(AccountSoapProxy.java:80)
        at
samples.soap.account.soap.AccountSoapProxy.getAccount(AccountSoapProxy.java:97)
        at
samples.soap.account.servlet.AccountClientServlet.service(AccountClientServlet.java:53)
        at
com.netscape.server.servlet.servletrunner.ServletInfo.service(Unknown
Source)
        at
com.netscape.server.servlet.servletrunner.ServletRunner.execute(Unknown
Source)
        at com.kivasoft.applogic.AppLogic.execute(Unknown Source)
        at com.kivasoft.applogic.AppLogic.execute(Unknown Source)
        at com.kivasoft.thread.ThreadBasic.run(Native Method)

PLEASE HELP ME ,TO SOLVE THIS ISSUE
THANKX IN ADVANCE
RAGU

Re: msg=Exception from service object: [Ljava.lang.Object;]

Posted by Kar YEOW <ka...@apir.com.au>.
Try
return (AccountInfo[])c.toArray(new AccountInfo[0]);

Kar
I have this problem when i try to do the following

1. findByLastName method returns a collection of account objects based
on the last name

2. This collection is converted to array of objects using toArray().

3. Then its casted to my javabean AccountInfo and returned
      return (AccountInfo[])c.toArray(); file://where c being the collection

Posted by Kar YEOW <ka...@apir.com.au>.
Try