Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by Am...@cognizant.com on 2013/05/02 13:45:42 UTC

RE: DOTCMIS with Alfresco Ent 3.1.0 Edition

Hello Andy,

Thanks for your valuable reply.
Actually, in production we have Alfresco 3.1.0 running and that's the reason I looked for this.

1.  Could you comment whether the web services are supported here or not?

2.  Isn't CMIS supported with this?

3.  Moreover, from what version CMIS support could be guaranteed? How much work do you see to upgrade 3.1 to something less minimal?

4.  Is there any document which will tell me the database schema design of the Alfresco 3.1.0 ?

In the documentation I found that http://wiki.alfresco.com/wiki/Alfresco_Enterprise_3.1#Alfresco_Draft_CMIS_Implementation
Alfresco 3.1 supports a draft version of CMIS, against CMIS v0.5.

I would really appreciate your kind help on the above queries.

Thanks a ton,
Amit
Hi Amit

Opencmis is used in Alfresco 4.0 and later.

Alfresco 3.4 has CMIS support at a different URL and with a different
implementation (and is still supported)
Alfresco 3.3 was the first release with CMIS support (CD-07) (see
http://wiki.alfresco.com/wiki/CMIS)

Alfresco 3.1 has some CMIS support which will correlate with an early
draft...
You will have to fall back to Alfresco web services (or web scripts which
I think arrived for 3.1)

If you are installing Alfresco why do you need 3.1.0 ?

Andy