Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Madere, Colin" <co...@ieminc.com> on 2003/03/21 01:00:59 UTC

TC 4.1.18 allowLinking not working for form-based login

So allowLinking works fine for me except when the form-based auth part of
Tomcat kicks in.  If the file I set as my login-form is a sym-linked file, I
get a 404.  Change that file to a real file and it works.

I tried on a fresh Tomcat 4.1.18 setting the allowLinking resource on the
ROOT context, but this didn't work for my autodeplyed test app.

So is there a way to set allowLinking for the auth module (wherever that may
be found)?
How about for auto-deployed webapps dropped in the Tomcat default webapps
folder (don't need this, but I'm curious how this is done since it would be
similar to solving the above problem)?

If no one has an answer, how about a pointer into the code where the auth
module looks for the login form?

Thanks in advance.