Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by அருள்ராஜன் அ லை <al...@gmail.com> on 2023/08/01 18:13:37 UTC

JSP to Servlet conversion missing HTML contents in Tomcat 8.5.91

Hi

We are recently upgraded tomcat 8.5.91 . While the below JSP compiled into
JAVA it is missing some content

JSP

<!DOCTYPE html>
<head>
<link href="css/bootstrap.min.css" rel="stylesheet">
<title> </title>
</head>

JAVA class generated

 try {
      response.setContentType("text/html");
      pageContext = _jspxFactory.getPageContext(this, request, response,
                        null, true, 8192, true);
      _jspx_page_context = pageContext;
      application = pageContext.getServletContext();
      config = pageContext.getServletConfig();
      session = pageContext.getSession();
      out = pageContext.getOut();
      _jspx_out = out;

      out.write("<!DOCTYPE html>\n");
      out.write("<html>\n");
      out.write("<head>");
      out.write('\n');
    } catch (java.lang.Throwable t) {
      if (!(t instanceof javax.servlet.jsp.SkipPageException)){
        out = _jspx_out;
        if (out != null && out.getBufferSize() != 0)
          try {
            if (response.isCommitted()) {
              out.flush();
            } else {
              out.clearBuffer();
            }
          } catch (java.io.IOException e) {}
        if (_jspx_page_context != null)
_jspx_page_context.handlePageException(t);
        else throw new ServletException(t);
      }

you can see it is missing lot of HTML code in the JSP to Java compilation.
Any idea why it is happening. It is generating fine in another machine.

--
நன்றி,
அருள்.

Re: JSP to Servlet conversion missing HTML contents in Tomcat 8.5.91

Posted by அருள்ராஜன் அ லை <al...@gmail.com>.
Yes. But fortunately it is not a tomcat issue. The NewRelic agent we used
for instrumentation, could've caused it. After disabling the Browser
instrumentation in newrelic it compiled fine. Also it worked well in other
server where we dont have newrelic. So Thanks for checking. Sorry for
updating it so late.

வெள்., 4 ஆக., 2023, முற்பகல் 12:41 அன்று, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
எழுதியது:

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.